"Not on one strand are all life's jewels strung."
In today's cyber-centered, texting-tethered, celebrity-crazed society, it's easy to get tunnel vision. With unlimited information and instant communication both right at their finger tips, so many people I know seem to get lost in the sea of 'lol' and 'omg's.
I, too, find myself getting sucked into the vortex of the cell phone cyclone. I wake up, check Facebook on my phone like the morning paper, listen to celebrity gossip on the radio, head to work, stumble through Pinterest during lunch (in lieu of actual conversation), and then head home to hop on my computer and watch T.V.
I realized recently that I have GOT to get out of this slump. There is no possible way that I can genuinely appreciate the people or the world around me if my eyes are glued to a screen at all times.
Followers on Instagram are not what I would consider 'jewels' that I want to represent my life. I came to the realization that I've been sidetracked by very few 'strands' of possibility in my life. I have to expand my horizons.
My first step in creating a more (what I would like to call) limitless life. Adorned with a complex variety of jewels. Ones that no one else could ever have. I know deep down that I was never born to be ordinary. So what am I doing?
I decided my first step is to create a bucket list. I want to choose tasks to complete which ensure that I experience a vast variety of life experiences. Please comment with anything you think I should add, or things that are on your bucket list!
- Go to Europe (visit Rome, visit the 'rift' in Cardiff from Doctor Who)
- Buy the next plane ticket out of town. Go wherever it takes me.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Go Whale-watching.
- Hear a speech from the Dalai Lama.
- Do Yoga while watching the sun rise.
- Serve food at a homeless shelter.
- Meet John Mayer (excuse me while I fangirl)
- Go a year without a smartphone.
- Rock a bikini!
- Write a book.
- Visit someplace really haunted.
- Present a motivational speech.
- Go to the taping of a T.V. show. Laugh as obnoxiously as possible.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
- Complete a 3 day water fast.
- Adopt a child (way in the future)
- Go to San Diego comic con.
- Go to Mardis Gras.
- Do a 5k in my wheelchair.
- Teach someone how to read.
- Up-cycle some of my old clothes.
- Grow a garden.
- Take a class to learn a new skill.
- Be someone I am proud to be. Every day.